BYU Football

BYU Football

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mission Call!! Laughter...

Well it's coming today, I can just feel it! If it doesn't, it doesn't, but it's going to. Because "I can feel it in the air tonight, and i've been waiting for this moment for all my life"! I think i've listened to that song at least 150 times over the past week, because it fits my mood so well right now and waiting for my mission call. I really am so excited to see where the Lord wants me to go (and when).. I have been praying every night just for comfort in knowing that wherever I am sent, I am supposed to go there for a reason! So if I get the call today, I think i'm going to open it up around 8:30 my time so Mckay and Jake can be involved, so be ready then!!

So I was talking with Sara last night for forever just about everything. We started talking about the debates and how bugged we are about how that is going, but though Mitt Romney stood strong last night. Anyways, We were going over songs we like and our own blogs and saying how much we loved each one. Than out of nowhere I kind of got distracted and was partially listening to Sara and said something that didn't make sense at all (Sara you're going to have to remind me what I said) and than Sara just FLIPPED OUT!! She just started laughing SO HARD, and I was kinda startled at first because I didn't know why she was laughing so hard, than I started getting to the point where I was laughing "only" because Sara was laughing so hard, and it was so funny. The next ten minutes on the phone were straight laughter. Sara almost died on the phone! You know, I think we all need a REALLY good laugh every once in a while. I mean, at one point we had no clue what we were laughing at..We would pause for like two seconds, than one of us would bust up laughing and it would all start again. I think we all know and have had that feeling, especially being in the Probert family, we do that quite often. So Yeah, I just wanted to say how fun it was just to laugh, and how it just makes you feel good, and helps you get out stress in a way that is joyful!

If you have read Kaylies blog, you've probably read a little about the sledding adventure, and boy was she right about it being really tough. Wayne, Dustin, Bethanie, Kaylie and I all climbed up Petersons butte on Monday! It was an adventure I will never forget! I brought cleets to get some traction, and I think that helped out a lot, but than there goes Wayne and Kaylie in basketball shoes, which barely had any traction, so they were slipping everywhere, I would look down at Wayne and I felt like we were climbing mt. Everest at times! We definately took a lot of stops on the way up there for breathers, but once we got up there it was incredible. I have been there before when Thomas, Wayne and I climbed it at 4:30 in the morning to watch the sunrise over the summer, and that was incredible. This time was a lot different because there was fog and clouds everywhere, so it was tough to see Lebanon and Highway 34, but it was still quite a view. We all decided to start building a snowman, and we built it like 8 or 9 feet tall so all of Lebanon could see it, and used HUGE branch sticks for the arms, and than deer dumplings (ha) for the smile and the eyes! So after we built that enormous snowman, we were ready for the FUN part of sledding down the entire way. We ended up going down for a while than crashing and skidding across rocks, which actually hurt pretty bad. There was one part of the "mountain" that was super steep for a long time, so we (Wayne,Dustin and I) decided to take it on in our three passenger sled, and i'll tell you what, I think we got up to like 30 mph, not exaggerating at all, just ask Kaylie. Than we kept going for a long time, and I just felt like I was going to get hurt somehow, but than we hit this little bump and all three of us just flew out, and slid on the ground for about 40 to 50 feet! I don't know how nobody got hurt, but nobody did, and we all just started laughing right after. Anyways, we had a couple more sledding adventures going down but that was the funnest one. Although it was just Petersons Butte and might have only been like a 2000 foot climb, it was an adventure that I will always look back to with my sister and friends as a once in a lifetime experience.

Dad decided to save a bunch of money on our phones, so he took out texting, picture messaging, and internet service, and said we were going to drop two phones, but as he was talking to the Lady about it, she said that we could keep the other two lines for free. Obviously sprint doesn't want us to drop any lines. Anyways, this is mostly for the people that text in the family, but the Lebanon Proberts are out on texting for now, and for me i'm for sure done until after the mission.

K well, I hope this post was worth the wait (because I know some of you were wanting one really bad). I'm going to try and keep it updated a little more, but doesn't everyone say that, and how many actually do? I'll try to give more comments on other peoples blog and share my thoughts!

My last words for the day which Sara will love....Thanks Florida! Thanks for NOTHING!!

5 comments:

H-less said...

xOk, you already know I am dying of laughter right now, again...just thinking about it. Thanks so much for that Seth. Nothing like a good, can't breath, wheeze after wheeze, forgot why you were even laughing laugh. It has been such a blast to talk with you these past few late nights. Now I think I'll actually miss you while you're on your mission! :)

That sledding was one for the record books. I was just smiling reading it, THinking of how the great the full version would've been with you telling it in the kitchen acting out play by play.

Thanks Mailman, thanks for nothin!

JAMIE said...

I blame everything on the mailman---you're never getting your call i decided...YOu might have to call the new prophet yourself to see where you are going...maybe you should anyway and get the scoop

Jenessa said...

OK, I assume you're saying thanks to Florida for not voting for Mitt...if so, that is so ironic and funny as I just heard that's where you're headed on your mish! Congrats on the call, Seth! We sure are excited for you. You'll be a great missionary. Guess you can straighten Florida out when you get there (tee hee)! Love your cuz--Jae

H-less said...

Who would've thought, FLORIDA! I hope you can help them repent down there Seth

JAMIE said...

THANKS FOR NOTHING! I need a new post!